Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Journal #1

Last week I had the time of my life on one of my college official visits. I went to Dallas, Texas for three days and spent all my time on Southern Methodist University's campus. That weekend flew by so fast it was like the speed of light. It started off with a long plane ride that stopped in Houston, Texas and continued on to Dallas. Simply because I was so excited for my visit I knew the plane ride wouldn't go by fast. So I thought the only solution to that is, sleeping! When we finally landed I immediately texted my host for the weekend. Her name was Craishia and she was on the track team. I said, "Hey girl, I just landed so I should be on campus in about an hour!" Craishia texted me back saying how excited she was and that she couldn't wait to start having fun.
By the time I got on campus it was already almost game time. SMU's football team was playing their rival school, Texas Christian University. I heard so many people talk about how good of a game it was going to be. After Craishia and I finished getting ready, we walk outside and to Craishia's surprise it was raining! She said it hasn't rained in months and for a little while she thought Texas was in a drought. She started to tease me and say that I had brought the Florida rain with me to Texas. Turns out that it ended up raining ALL day Saturday and throughout the whole football game. Luckily they didn't cancel it, but it still ruined the spirit. I mean who wants to sit outside in fifty degree weather while it's pouring down raining. But that didn't stop Craishia and I. We got out hoodies and our ponchos and were ready to go! Unfortunately SMU lost by 12 points, but it was still a great game and I still had so much fun.
Come Monday morning it was almost time to go. I found myself very sad that I had to leave because I just had the time of my life while I was there and I didn't want it to end. The track team had practice so I got to sit through that and watch which was inspiring for me. It really made me excited about college track. As the time passed by I had to face reality and go back home. I went to go say goodbye to all the girls and of course my host, Craishia. As I was hugging her I started to feel tears run down my arm. I looked up at her and I noticed she was crying. I immediately started to cry because I didn't want to leave her. I felt like we had been friends for so long already. The last thing Craishia said to me was "Abby I don't want you to leave, I have separation anxiety!" I told her I did too and we said our last goodbyes. That is in person at least! On the plane ride home all I was thinking about was "I hope Craishia and I stay friends forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment